UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (UNIMED) POST UTME / DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING FORM FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC SESSION.
- The University of Medical Sciences, Ondo (UNIMED) has opened its application process for the 2023/2024 academic session. UTME candidates who chose the institution as their preferred choice and scored 150 and above, and Direct Entry candidates who meet specific criteria are eligible to apply. Applicants are required to complete the application process via the university’s website. The screening dates will be communicated in August 2023. The institution emphasizes that all payments should be made only through the official UNIMED platform to avoid fraud.
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria, has been the first stop for numerous aspiring medical and health science professionals across West Africa. Since its inception in 2014, the institution has garnered acclaim for its stability, uninterrupted academic calendar, and sterling educational service delivery, making it a beacon of learning in the region.
The 2021 ranking from the National Universities Commission (NUC) saw UNIMED achieving impressive milestones. Ranked first among state-owned universities in Ondo State and second across both public and private institutions in the region, it was placed fourth among state-owned universities across Nigeria and 19th overall. As a consequence of this remarkable achievement, the university is now inviting suitably qualified candidates for undergraduate admission in the 2023/2024 academic session.
Breaking Down Eligibility for the UNIMED Admission Process
- Post-UTME Candidates: If you opted for the “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” as your first-choice institution in the 2023/2024 UTME and scored 150 or above, you’re eligible to apply for the Post UTME screening. You should also have a minimum of five credits in NECO, SSCE, or GCE O’ Level in not more than two sittings. For those aiming to pursue Medicine and Surgery, Dentistry, or Physiotherapy, it’s mandatory to have five O’level credits including Mathematics, English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, achieved in just one sitting.
- Direct Entry Candidates: If you’ve already applied through JAMB and chosen UNIMED as your most preferred institution for 2023/2024, you’re also eligible. Candidates should have at least ten points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, or a B.Sc. (Hons) Degree/ Diploma in Basic Medical or Basic Science subjects with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division). If you’re applying for Medicine and Surgery or Dentistry, a minimum of thirteen points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects is required, alongside a Second Class Upper B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in any Basic Medical Science courses. For the Nursing Science programme, eligibility extends to holders of the RN or RM Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Steps to Apply for the 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening
To apply, head to the University website at www.unimed.edu.ng and follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Admission’, then ‘Post-UTME’ to access the portal.
- Select ‘PAYMENT’ to make your payment using a debit card.
- After payment, print your Payment Receipt.
- Log into the Post-UTME Portal with your UTME/DE Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID to complete your screening form.
What’s Next: Post-UTME Screening and Further Steps
Details regarding the examination dates, venue, and other relevant procedures will be communicated to validly registered candidates in August 2023.
Candidates should note the importance of bringing the necessary documents to the screening venue, including the JAMB 2023 UTME Notification of Results Slip/Registration Slip for Direct-Entry Candidates, and a printed copy of the completed 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening slip. Additionally, Direct Entry candidates are required to arrange for their official academic transcripts to be sent directly to the UNIMED Registrar’s office.
Beware of Scams
UNIMED has stated unequivocally that it has no admission agents. Authentic information on admission into UNIMED’s programmes can be found at the university’s website or the Admissions Unit at the UNIMED Laje Campus in Ondo City. Payments for the purchase of forms should be made only through the official UNIMED platform. Engaging with unofficial individuals or making payments into individual accounts is strongly discouraged and is done at your own risk.
Remember, the journey towards a successful career in medical and health sciences begins with a step. Make that step count by following the right procedures and preparing adequately for the screening exercise.