ADMISSION OPENS AT THE CENTRE FOR GEOTECHNICAL AND COASTAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH, UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC SESSION.
- The University of Port Harcourt’s Centre for Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering Research (CGCER) is admitting students for the 2023/2024 academic session. The centre offers Post Graduate Diploma, Masters and Doctoral degrees in Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering and Coastal Technology Management, with industry-based training and state-of-the-art learning facilities. Applications can be filled online with a non-refundable fee. The centre provides flexible learning through online virtual classrooms, allowing students to graduate in record time.
The Centre for Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering Research (CGCER) at the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has announced the opening of admissions for the 2023/2024 academic session. The centre offers top-notch education, boasting unique advantages such as the ability to study and graduate in record time, access to online virtual classrooms, industry-based training, and state-of-the-art learning facilities.
CGCER offers the following programs for the academic year:
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Geotechnical & Coastal Engineering with a duration of one year
- Masters Degree (M.Sc) in Geotechnical & Coastal Engineering, Coastal Technology Management with a duration of one year
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Geotechnical & Coastal Engineering, Coastal Technology Management with a duration of two years
For the PGD Programme:
Candidates must have at least a third-class degree in Civil, Mechanical, Marine or other related Engineering disciplines, as well as related disciplines in physical and environmental sciences.
For the M.Sc Programme:
Candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- Second Class Lower Division in Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering and physical science disciplines for M.Sc Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering
- PGD in Civil, Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering, as well as other related Engineering disciplines (minimum GPA of 3.00) for M.Sc in Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering
- Second Class Lower Division in Engineering and other relevant Physical and Environmental science disciplines for M.Sc in Coastal Technology Management
- PGD in Engineering or other related Physical and Environmental science disciplines (minimum GPA of 3.00) for M.Sc in Coastal Technology Management
For the PhD Programme:
Details on the admission requirements for the PhD programme can be found on the centre’s website.
Method of Application
Prospective students can apply for these programs through the following steps:
- Visit the website www.cgceruniport.com.ng to fill the application form online
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of N25,000 online
- After completing the online application, print a copy from your email address
- Upload the required documents
Application fees can also be made via electronic transfer to the following account:
- Account Name: CENTER FOR GEOTECHNICAL & COASTAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH
- Account Number: 1017244229
- Name of Bank: Zenith Bank Plc.
Ongoing Sales of Forms
The sales of forms are ongoing, and prospective students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
For more information, you can visit the centre’s website at www.cgceruniport.com.ng or contact them via email at [email protected] or [email protected]. You can also call at +234 812 0456 980 or +234 803 7729 855.
This is a great opportunity for aspiring students to further their education in Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering. The Centre for Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering Research offers a world-class learning experience, with a focus on preparing students for the challenges and opportunities in the global workforce.